Sunday, November 3, 2013

"LES" Galleries Reaction

Katherine Barzola
11/3/2013
field trip#4


     
          My class went on a recent trip to the "LES" Galleries from Canal S.t to E. Houston. Although it took us a long walk to get there , the galleries were really urban and chic in my opinion. At first you would be able to tell identify that canal street would be holding art gallery. The galleries in lower east Manhattan compared to Chelsea were more spread out. It looked like a neighborhood and it felt comfortable walking. When comparing the walk from each gallery the one in Chelsea it was isolated no people were walking. While I was there I went inside  different galleries. One of them was a gallery called " UNTITLED", the space and atmosphere was really "chill" in comparison to Chelsea. The receptionist was really helpful, friendly, and  nice, compared to the receptionist from Chelsea. The collection from this particular gallery the artwork was hanged from the ceiling. It smelled like paint. It was a large room filled with picture frames and silly mirrors. The second gallery that I visited was "BOSI". This was one of my favorite ones that I visited. The vibe there was awesome the way the artwork was positioned were unique. the artwork may be considered a little "scandalous". The artwork was woman naked in costumes and face masks, in different settings. This store in like one of the galleries in Chelsea. It was scandalous as well. The same theme. Although the receptionist in "les" were nice compared to the "BOSI". The third and my favorite gallery I saw was " SHIN GALLERY". The artwork was so unique and I loved everything about it. This was definitely not anything that would be in Chelsea. I don't think that they approach to the same type of collectors and some of these gallery, painters are unknown . It smelled like paint and I think it added a little extra characteristics to the  gallery. The art pieces seemed as if they were coming out od the board. it have a 3-D affect. Over all these galleries were my favorite so far. It was a good feeling knowing that some of the artist are still unknown , it feels like if im watching each of these galleries become into something bigger.

   Sources

-nyuntitled.com
-www.bosicontenporary.com/gallery

- http;//www.shin-gallery.om/ehibitions



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment